How will the Hackathon work?
The Hackathon kicks off at TBA with an online reveal of the theme/problem and a review of Hackathon rules. Teams have until TBA to develop an original, innovative solution to the problem. Each team must submit a link to a 3 minute video that pitches their solution and submit the artifacts of their solution by the 6:00 p.m. Sunday deadline. Judging will take place at the CCSC: CP Conference held at Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa on Saturday, April 19, 2024. Each team will be expected to present their solution and a panel of judges will award prizes. (Yes there will be monetary prizes!!).
Entries in the CCSC:CP Hackathon will be judged using the following three criteria:
- Potential impact of your solution.
- Embodiment of the Hackathon rules.
- Quality of your presentations (Video and final presentation)
Sign me up! How do I register for the Hackathon?
You may register a team of 2-5 students who are currently enrolled with you in your college or university. The process is as follows:
- Register your team for the CCSC:CP conference by the registration deadline of February 17, 2024.
- Send an email to Scott Sigman (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the registration deadline with your team name, the name and email address of each member of the team, and the name and email address of a faculty sponsor from your college or university. Make sure that the subject line of the email reads: CCSC:CP Hackathon Registration.
- Have your faculty sponsor email email@example.com to certify their sponsorship of your team and certification that your team members are all students at your institution.