CCSC:MW 2016 Conference
Each year, the CCSC:MW Conference convenes to share knowledge through Papers, Panels, Tutorials, and Workshops. This year's conference will be held September 30 - October 1, 2016, at Taylor University, in Upland, IN.
We have concluded a very successful and enjoyable 2016 CCSC:MW Conference at Taylor University, in Upland, IN. There were a total of 132 attendees: 48 faculty attendees and presenters, 2 invited speakers, 62 full student conference attendees, 19 programming contest only student attendees, and 1 National Partner.
The Student Showcase Contest had 7 submissions. The winners included:
- Grand Prize Winner
- Allison Bunsey, University of Findlay, The effect of tangible user-interface on performance and strategy in a virtual mental rotation task.
- Runner-up Winners
- Sara Marku and Ruth Wu, Grinnell College, A team approach for software development and testing.
- Kaley Rittichier, Jack McGinnes, and Josh Schoen, Ball State University, Traveler's Notebook: Monster Tales.
- Myra Doubet, Knox College, Dragonfly Nautilus.
The winning teams for the Student Programming Contest were:
- First Place: Taylor University
- Second Place: Knox College
- Third Place: Calvin College
The papers are available at the ACM Digital Library by using the Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges Archive page or directly to Volume 32, Issue 1, October 2016. You do not need an ACM DL account to access the Journal.
If you were not able to attend CCSC:MW 2016, and would like to renew your CCSC membership ($35) for the 2016-2017 academic year, you may do so by using the CCSC National on-line renewal site. You must pay via PayPal by PayPal (login into your PayPal account) or by credit card (check out as a guest). If you need to write a check, go to the Membership Renewal page and download the Membership Application Form and mail as directed.
This conference is presented In-Cooperation with the ACM Special Interest Group for Computer Science Education (SIGCSE).